What is Rhinoceros?
- Rhinoceros (Rhino) is a solid modeling tool for designers and engineers.
- With Rhino you can import, create, edit, and export geometrical objects in a variety of formats for use in Itasca software (FLAC3D, 3DEC, PFC).
- Rhino is developed by Robert McNeel & Associates.
- Itasca is an authorized reseller of Rhinoceros.
- Rhino 3D is not only powerful, but very affordable at US$895* when bundled with a related Itasca software (Griddle, FLAC3D, 3DEC, or PFC3D)
- Rhino is required to use Griddle, Itasca's grid generation software for engineers and scientists.
- Rhino allows you to build the model geometry (curves, surfaces, solids) with an incredible number of tools and options
- Griddle is a plug-in that provides many additional tools to ensure good quality surface meshes and volume meshing with hexahedral, tetrahedral, and hexahedral-dominate zones for FLAC3D, rigid- or deformable blocks for 3DEC, and meshes for other engineering software formats (ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, LS-DYNA, VRML, and CSV).
Visit Rhinoceros 3D CAD's website for more information about what it has to offer.
*North American price; may vary in other territories; excludes taxes or other fees; software discounts are not applicable. Griddle is sold separately.